major website code refactor - Mon, Aug 30, 2021
code refactor, changes and planned changes
I've spent several days doing a complete refactor of the golang source code for magnetosphere.net. No longer is it one long go file. I've split it up into packages for ease of maintenance and also to try to make it easier to update antiqueengineer.com
I could spend weeks on this, but I can only work on it as I have time; time which could be spent adding inventory.
I will post a link to the current source code for this site on github, which will include the hugo sources, after I clean it up and document the recent and ongoing changes that have been made.
top of mind things I need to fix on the site:
- correct individual titles for pages
- improve pagination and add an index of the pages
I've wanted to fix the pagination, but at the point a friend mentioned to me that it left something to be desired, I knew I needed to postpone it until after structural changes were made
The site title displaying correctly is very important for search engine optimization.
I have recently added several sets of 24" metal shelving to the parts storage setup. Inventory continues to be processed, though updates to the inventory are slow to make it on the site.
Our prayers go out for Afghanistan in this most difficult moment in history.